Job searching- it’s your new jobJun 15th, 2009 | By admin | Category: Job Hunting
Searching for a job is your new job, for now at least. This means that you must be extremely disciplined. Keep these tips in mind when seeking employment.
- Be organized and decide how much time you are going to devote to job hunting each day.
- Keep track of what you mailed on what dates and who it went to.
- Always proof read all correspondence with potential employers. Check for the correct names and titles.
- Remember, finding a job is a game of numbers. The more you apply for, the more chance you have of obtaining one.
- Don’t spend too much time online; everyone else is looking there. Many positions aren’t advertised, but you should contact employers directly.
- Show your face. Face to face interviews are always better than phone calls or e-mail interviews.
- Always follow up. Whether it’s with a phone call or a thank you card, always follow up.